Friday, September 7, 2012

Summer



I guess it's goodbye summer. 

I don't know why it has to end. I became alive again this season when I was pulled out of my routine and whirled in new territory. There, I embarked in fun explorations with much laughter and excitement. It was a season of creativity, breakthroughs and a lot of tenderness.

 But now, I am dealing with derailment and my summer is ending. Why can't it always be bright, warm, colorful and fresh? Why must every good thing come to an end?

As an attempt at surrender, I am practicing acceptance. Acceptance that the temperatures will change anyway and even the sun will cool down no matter how I rant. I know I must hush and sit back to prepare for fall. But fall is also a magical season! (I really need to let this go). Instead, I should seek amazement in the ushering of something new, where the sky turns cerulean and the sun, a copper glow. It's when the leaves turn gold before they softly float down and nestle themselves on the ground. It is a time when nature begins to relax. 

And so must I.

Still, I will miss my summer. Its memories will be kept in a little drawer inside my heart for a very long time. And every once in awhile, specially in the cooler months to come, I will pull out my summertime and let its warmth wash me over and over. 

I will listen to the laughter of that season, and let it remind me that my life is such a pleasure to live.






1 comment:

  1. I love your metaphor of a drawer in your heart! What a lovely image it creates. What a comforting concept to contemplate.

    ReplyDelete